We used the Claudia bikini pattern to make a cotton/spandex bralette, mimicking the iconic style from the 90's. We were pleased with the fit and look and thought it would be a good idea to write this quick tutorial and show you how to alter the Claudia pattern to achieve the look.
Modifying the pattern
First, we drew a line on the center front piece (piece B), 1.2 cm (1/2'') from the angled seam edge, which is twice times the seam allowance (since two pieces are usually joined at that seam).
Since the bralette is a single layer of fabric (which provides less support than a lined fabric), the wedge that is removed by doing is barely noticeable.
We used that new front piece to cut the fabric. We continued with construction and elastic application as per the instructions.
We used a soft white ribbing for the elastic casing piece for an "exposed white elastic" effect.
A very quick project to get more out of your Claudia bikini pattern. This technique would work very well with the scoopneck version too!