If you like our running skirt pattern, you will love these shorts!
- Spandex shorts with wide waistband
- Attached briefs
- Practical pocket in the side panel.
- These shorts stay put in the water and won't float like a swim skirt would.
- They hit close to the navel in kids, are a bit lower for teen and small adult sizes and raise for larger sizes where more coverage and support is needed.
These shorts are great for swimming, an afternoon at the splash pad with the kids or a day at the amusement park where you can get wet but would not walk around in a bikini bottom. They are also very comfortable for running (you can make them without the briefs or use mesh) or tennis.
STEP MISSING IN THE PRINTED PATTERN INSTRUCTIONS
- Please refer to the downloadable instructions when attaching the waistband to the shorts and briefs
SIZES IN ONE ENVELOPE 27 PDF Info Tiled PDF, A4 Paper, Letter Size Recommended Fabric Swimwear fabric with 60% stretch in the length and across the grain Designed for Girls, Women, Plus sizes
- Instructions and Tutorials
Made it? Flaunt it!
You are proud of a garment you made with this sewing pattern? Post it here for a chance to win a $25 gift card!Share a photo
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Beautiful design!
Recently made a pair of these for my ten years old daughter. I made her a matching top using the skinsuit pattern, cropped as a long rash guard shirt. I have a very happy daughter who will be well-dressed (and modest!) for her school end of year fun outing at the splash pad. I already traced the pattern for my other daughters and for myself, for our beach outings this summer.
Fit / Sizing Accuracy Pattern Drafting Overall Satisfaction Clear Instructions
- Straightforward and a great design
The instructions were excellent and very straightforward. It's a flattering high waist design. I've experimented with misting the pockets and making legs less flared. Two pairs made- more to come. Thanks Jalie.
- Another good and reliable set of patterns
I've made this for myself and younger niece. I like how you can have a beachy feel pair of shorts and keep your 'modesty' too.